Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Production Diary 13 - Creating the front cover, photoshoot and behind the scenes and starting evaluation

3rd December 2013
 
This week I started creating the front cover of my magazine.

I first put in all the sell lines I had come up with before. I altered the size, font and colour for some of them. I chose to use different two fonts for the sell lines so that it doesn’t seem too diverse. I used a different font for the main sell line so that it is clear that it’s the main article. I also added in the name of the artist that is on the front cover which is Ava. I made the size of this text relatively large so that the readers know the name of the artist is Ava. I downloaded some new fonts and added it into the set of fonts in NexuxFont. I made the font of ‘Ava’ a handwriting type of font and also added in a star next to it which indicates that her music is pop related.

For homework I started to work on the evaluation. I first off wrote about the distribution of my magazine. I talked about the institution which may distribute my magazine (IPC Media) and why I think it is suitable as well as why they may choose to distribute my magazine.
 
I also did the photoshoot on Friday 6th December. I took 465 photos in total with two models –one for the front cover and another for the contents page. I took a variety of shots mainly including close ups and mid shots so I can use it for the main image on the front cover. I also used different props such as a microphone and bubbles to demonstrate the music genre of the artist.
In addition to the photos I took for my magazine I also took some photos and short videos on my phone for behind the scenes.
 
Next week I will select the photos I want to use for my magazine. I will make a contact sheet to display all the photos I took. I will also start to create and edit the behind the scenes video.

No comments:

Post a Comment