Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Double Page Spread Layout



I first drew out the large black box on the right hand side as I knew that I wanted to have a full bleed image on the right hand side. I then drew out another black box on the left hand side of the double page spread. I initially drew one big box but then later decided to have several boxes because I thought that having several images would look better.

I then added in the heading and subheading at the top of the left page. For the heading, I changed the font to one that I had previously downloaded which is called 'Fake Smiths'. I used a very similar font for the subheading called 'Lazy sunday' so that it matches with the heading but is not entirely the same so that it distinguishes the difference between the two -making the heading stand out more than the subheading as I believe the font is bolder and more eye-catching.

For the main text I drew in text boxes in the columns and filled in placeholder text to represent the  text in the article I will have. I made the first paragraph one font size bigger than the rest of the text and also made it bold so that it stands out. In addition, I made the first letter of the paragraph a drop cap 3 lines down; this made the first letter bigger in size which drops down to the 3rd line of text.

After I added in a pull quote in the 3rd column of text. I made the size of the pull quote relatively larger than the text in the article so that it stands out and draws the reader's attention I changed the font to the same font as the one I used for the heading so that it stands out from the article text. I also added in paragraph rules above and below the text. This made a sort of border without the side lines around the pull quote.

The website for my magazine is placed in the same position as it was with my contents page because I placed this on the A-Master page which means it will be in the same position for every page.

No comments:

Post a Comment