Pages

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Production Diary 11 - Creating the layout of the front cover

19th November 2013

As I planned, this week I did the front cover layout. I first did the masthead, then banner and finally the sell lines and other features.

I drew a long thing black box for the banner which I placed at the bottom of the page. I then added in white text over it. This would be an interesting feature which readers would be attracted by.

I then added in the sell lines. I made a variation sell lines; I changed the look of each sell line with different sizes and fonts that I thought would be suitable. For one I had a black box behind the white text to make it stand out from the other sell lines. For another one, I made the number in the sell line much bigger than the text which was also for emphasis. For the main sell line I made it much bigger in size and also a different style of the font I used for other sell lines so that it is bolder and eye-catching.

Another thing I added was a plug. I drew a black circle and then put white text over it. I placed this on the right side which is opposite the sell line with the black box behind it as I want to make a balance of different sell lines on the front cover. This would have competitions or freebies information on it.

I also added in other features such as the barcode, price, issue number and date. I represented these with a black outlined box.

No comments:

Post a Comment