Pages

Monday 11 November 2013

Contents Page Layout


I found an example of an existing contents page from Total Film magazine. I decided to use it as a guide to make my own one because I think it is very successful in presenting the information for the readers and so I want my contents page to look similar to that.

I first drew out the black boxes which represented the images and then added in the contents list using place holder text and then the numbers beside it. Afterwards I added in the pages numbers on the images and also a short description next to the page number. I made the page numbers relatively large as I want it to stand out to the readers so they can see straight away what page the article of the image is on.

I chose a couple of fonts for my magazine. I made the title and description of the images as well as the subscriptions and social media box in the same font. For the headings and contents list and numbers I chose a different font which looks neater and is easier to read from.

On the images I had a page number which was relatively large so that it is easy to see for the readers along with a short description of what it is about. I made the font of the numbers the same as the numbers in the content list as this will create consistency and make it look more professional. The font of the short description is the same as the heading 'contents' so that it again creates consistency but also looks different to the text in the contents list.

Next to the page number I had the website name. I first placed the website on the A-Master page so that it will be in the same position for every page as it is automatically there on every page once I put it on the A-Master page. This creates consistency and also saves times which makes it very useful to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment