Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Production Diary 10 - Creating the layout of the double page spread and article text

12th November 2013
 
I finished doing the contents page layout and started on the double page spread layout this week.

I first drew in the black boxes to represent the images like I did for the contents page.
I then added in text for the heading, subheading and the article text I changed the font for the heading and subheading which were different but similar fonts so that they linked but puts emphasis on the heading because it is more bold and eye-catching.
For the article font I made it a different font so that it was more suitable to read as it is much clearer than the font I used for the heading for example as it is slightly disorientated which would make it hard to read.
I also then added in a pull quote in the same font as the heading and subheading so that it stood out but also followed the general style of the article. I made the font size much bigger than the rest of the article text as it needed to stand out to get the reader’s attention. To make it more interesting, I added in paragraph rules which I had been taught. This created two lines above and below the pull quote which makes it look quite impressive compared to just having enlarged text in a different font.

For homework, I did the article text. I first looked at existing articles and got inspiration from it to write my own. I wrote about 1,500 words for the article. I made my article quite informative as my front cover artist is new and so the readers are unlikely to know much about her.

I plan to do the final layout of the front cover next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment