Pages

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Production Diary 3 - Proposal and target audience

24th September 2013
This week we started on the real task. The very first thing we had to was the proposal. In the proposal we wrote about our ideas on our magazine such as the music genre, audience, promotion and features in it. After that we did the target audience; we wrote about the typical reader of our magazine.

Before I started writing my proposal, I first looked at previous students’ proposals so I have an idea of what to write. I then checked the survey results which I had conducted in the previous week and considered them when writing my proposal. Although I didn’t get many results but for some of the questions it was clear what most people preferred and therefore I decided to go with that idea e.g. I found that people would prefer to read monthly magazines.
 
After that I started on the target audience. The first thing I did was a brainstorm which included ideas about my typical reader including: characteristics, hobbies, appearance etc. This helped me in writing the scenario of my typical reader as I know roughly what my typical reader is like, therefore I can turn this information into a scenario.

Secondly, I did a scenario for my typical reader. Q magazine wrote a scenario about their typical reader which included a good amount of information about the reader and can help us to visualise the type of people who will read their magazine. We thought it was a good idea because it gives a lot of information about the typical reader in an interesting way, therefore we decided to do a similar thing.
I first wrote the basic information about the typical reader of my magazine (name, age, gender, occupation etc.). Then I wrote about the details such as what they do and what they like.

Finally I added in some images which relate to my target audience such as things they like, what they would do and what they may typically look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment