Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Production Diary 2 - Finishing preliminary task and audience survey

17th September 2013

This week we carried on and finished working on our preliminary task and started thinking about ideas for our proper magazine.

I finished off making the front cover and moved onto making the contents page. On the contents page, I first inserted text which said ‘contents’ and placed it at the top of the page. Afterwards, I added in the list of things which are in the magazine and then added the page numbers. I moved the text around and aligned things up so that it looked neat. I also changed the colours of the text so that it fitted in with the colour scheme I had established when creating my front cover. I then chose some of photos which I took before to use on the contents page. I added a page number to each picture so that the readers know what article it is about. Finally I added in a box which had the details of the social networking sites of the magazine.

We also setup a survey on SurveyMonkey (a website which helps you make a survey by collecting the questions and answers you put in) to help us have an idea of what our target audience would want in a magazine. We put in questions like: ‘What type of articles would you like to read?’ and ‘How often would you read a magazine?’ These are more useful than asking about the colour scheme for example as they help you understand what people want whereas the colour scheme is something which the producer of the magazine should decide on. It was interesting to use because it is something new but at the same time it’s very easy to get used to. I found it useful that they had many different options for the answer people can put it as it can help you get better results e.g. you could make a question starred so that people have to answer it or for the answers you could have an ‘other’ option which then tells them to comment on it.

Next week we’ll be starting the planning of our magazine. We will collect information from our surveys to help us decide on what our magazine will include.

No comments:

Post a Comment