Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Production Diary 1 - Starting the preliminary task

10th September 2013

This week we started to work on the preliminary task, which is to make a school magazine.
We first collected some photos -which we will use on our magazine- by going around the school and taking photos on our phones. We then transferred them onto the computer so we can use them.
We used Adobe In Design to make the magazine front cover. This was my first time using this program so I was not familiar with how it works but with the guidance from my teacher I was able to use it comfortably after a while.
In Adobe In Design, I first imported the image I wanted to use as the main image of the front cover -which was a photo of Geeta and Alina smiling with their thumbs up. I decided to use this image because the headline of my magazine is to do with students who are satisfied with their exam results.
Afterwards, I found an image of the Haydon school logo and then saved it and imported it into Adobe In Design. I resized it and placed it in the left hand corner of the page.
Then next to it I inserted text which said ‘HH’ and ‘Haydon Highlights’ as this is the name of my magazine. I changed the colour, font and size so that it suitable for my magazine. I chose to use blue and yellow because these are the colours on the logo.

Next week I will be finishing off the front cover and I will start the contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment