Pages

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Colour Ideas

 

I did the colour ideas for my magazine on Adobe InDesign. I first created a new document and then drew a square box. I made the colour of the box black and then duplicated that box and changed it so that the fill is white and the border is black. Lastly I duplicated the white box and made the fill grey. I then duplicated all the black, white and grey boxes a couple of times and placed them directly below each other so that I had 4 rows.
After I had done that, I did the last boxes for each row which is the one main colour I would use in my magazine.

I chose to have black, white and grey for each of the set of colours because these are the colours which would be used to accompany the main colour of the magazine. These colours would be seen on the front cover of almost every magazine because the text is usually black, white or grey. This is because they go well with most colour as black, white or grey text on a coloured background would be clear to see. It also makes the magazine look professional as having one main colour would make it look more organised compared to having many different colours which would make it look messy and unappealing.

I firstly chose a red-pink colour as I thought that most rock magazines use red as their main colour because it connotes violence and danger which is a typically seen in the rock music genre. However because my magazine is rock/pop, I thought that having a pink kind of red would be more suitable as it doesn't look as violent as just red and so it would be more suitable because the pop genre is a fairly happy and positive type of genre.

The second colour I chose was teal. I decided that teal would be a good colour to use for my magazine because it is quite neutral and would be suitable for both genders. It also does not look too harsh like red for example which has connotations of violence which would be appropriate because my magazine is pop/rock and the pop genre is more positive and would use brighter colours.

The third colour I chose was sea green. I think it is a suitable colour for my magazine because my main target audience are mainly girls who are not that girly and also boys and green is a fairly neutral colour which is is not stereotypically liked by one gender.

Finally, I chose a light blue because I thought that it would represent the pop part of the genre very well as it is bright and appealing. It is also a colour which is stererotypically liked by males however this shade of blue is quite light and has a calm feeling to it which would be suitable for girls as well.

I think all the colours I chose would work with with black to make it have a pop/rock feel to the magazine as black would represent rock and the brighter colours would represent pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment