Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Production Diary 6 - Names and masthead ideas and image ideas

15th October 2013
In this week’s lesson we did the names and masthead ideas. I first created a spider diagram on PowerPoint. I started off with a word which I would associate with pop/rock and then wrote something related to that and so on. I did a total of 25 name ideas.

For the masthead ideas, I went to Dafont and found some fonts which I liked and thought would be good for my magazine. I then downloaded them and opened them up in NexusFont (a program which puts all the fonts together in one place rather than opening individual fonts like we used to do). When I went opened up In Design, all the fonts were on the list because I had opened them up on NexusFont. I typed ‘masthead’ in the different fonts I chose, since I have not decided on a name yet. I did a total of 10 different masthead ideas.

I also did the image ideas this week. This was the task of collecting several images which we thought were good and something we aim to achieve for our own photoshoot. These images included different ideas for poses, hairstyles, make-up, costumes, settings etc. Most of the images I chose had a bright setting but the costumes were dark which complemented well to convey a rock/pop image.


No comments:

Post a Comment