Pages

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Production Diary 5 - Magazine key concepts, existing names and mastheads research and preliminary task video

8th October 2013

The first thing I did this week was the preliminary task video which demonstrated how I created the front cover and contents page of the school magazine. I used a program called ‘CamStudio’ which records the movement of the computer screen.

Secondly, I did the key concepts of music magazines which included: audience, representation, institution and conventions. To do this task I did some research as well as using the knowledge I already had. I also found some images to accompany the information I wrote so that it is clear what I’m talking about as you are able to see some of the ideas visually.

I also did the research task of existing names and mastheads. For the names there were a few different types which were: connotative, phrase, acronym and compound. For each of the examples I found I explained what I thought the effect of it was e.g. acronyms are memorable to the readers. I did this on Prezi as it is a high quality and professional way to present information.

Next week, I’ll be doing the name and masthead ideas.







No comments:

Post a Comment